SLE - Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
Sacred Heart students will be self aware individuals (PURE HEARTS) who
- Like ourselves and appreciate our God given gifts and talents.
- Respect the rights and dignity of others.
- Honor our personal responsibilities and are aware of how our actions affect our friends, teachers and others in our community.
Sacred Heart students will be active Catholics (FAITHFUL SOULS) who
- Come to know and love Jesus.
- Grow in our faith in God and our commitment to God through prayer.
- Appreciate and share with the Catholic community the full life of our faith, each according to our baptismal blessing.
- Know the scripture and can apply it to our lives.
- Understand that each of us is special in our own way. We recognize God in ourselves and others.
Sacred Heart students will be lifelong learners (WISE MINDS) who
- Comprehend by reading in between the lines and analyzing the written word.
- Confidently and correctly communicate our thoughts and feelings both aloud and in writing.
- Are skilled critical thinkers, and are able to solve problems creatively.
- Work hard and do our very best in order to go to high school.
- Are excited about learning and will continue to love learning for our entire lives.
Sacred Heart students will be well rounded individuals (STRONG BODIES) who
- Develop small movements using fingers, toes, wrists, lips and tongue; and large movements, such as running and jumping, using the large muscles in the arms, legs and feet.
- Develop a healthy lifestyle through daily physical activity.
- Are fair and honest when we play. We earn respect from our teammates by working together.
- Maintain our health by making good choices in what we eat, exercising and being safe.
Sacred Heart students will be respectful citizens (GOOD NEIGHBORS) who
- Go out of our way to do good for others (live the Golden Rule).
- Show respect for all classmates.
- Help other people so the world will be a better place.
- Solve problems peacefully and care about each other.
- Understand that we are all different and special no matter where we come from or what we look like.