SLE - 4th to 8th Grade
Sacred Heart students will be self aware individuals (PURE HEARTS) who
- Develop a positive self-image that appreciates their God-given gifts and talents.
- Respect the rights and dignity of others.
- Honor personal responsibilities and have a sense of responsibility for the greater community.
- Practice self-discipline and demonstrate a positive approach to all challenges.
Sacred Heart students will be active Catholics (FAITHFUL SOULS) who
- Come to know and love Jesus.
- Grow in their commitment to God through prayer.
- Actively develop and practice their faith.
- Have knowledge of scripture and apply what the scriptures teach to their lives.
- Recognize God in themselves, others and the world around them.
Sacred Heart students will be lifelong learners (WISE MINDS) who
- Think critically and solve problems.
- Effectively communicate thoughts and feelings in written and verbal form.
- Work to the best of their abilities to achieve Sacred Heart’s curriculum standards and Schoolwide Learning Expectations.
- Are enthusiastic life-long learners, as individuals and as part of a cooperative group.
Sacred Heart students will be well rounded individuals (STRONG BODIES) who
- Develop the physical skills essential for learning and living.
- Participate in a wide range of recreational and athletic activities to develop teamwork, good sportsmanship and a respect for others.
- Practice a healthy life style by making positive choices in nutrition, exercise and safety.
Sacred Heart students will be respectful citizens (GOOD NEIGHBORS) who
- Go out of their way to do good for others (live the Golden Rule).
- Show respect for all individuals and groups.
- Provide service to people in need, creating a better world through social change.
- Promote peace and are sensitive to the problems of others.
- Reach out to neighbors beyond the immediate community showing responsibility for our world.
- Understand and appreciate differences in culture.