Sacred Heart school was founded in 1934 and completely staffed by the Sisters of Mercy as a cordoned-off section of the temporary Sacred Heart Church. It quickly outgrew that space and moved into a stand-alone building in 1939, where it remained for seven decades. Then, in 2009, construction began on our new, state-of-the-art school campus. Along with the new structure comes a renewed sense of school pride and possibilities for the future.
The new campus is built with a classic brick and stucco façade, blending nicely with the neighborhood. Classrooms and corridors are spacious and contemporary, filled with natural light filtering in through windows and skylights. Children learn, move and play in spacious, naturally-lit classrooms. We have invested in top-of-the-line technology and science labs. The grassy field is perfect for outdoor recreation, and the fully-equipped indoor gymnasium includes a full-sized basketball court.
While the school has come a long way from its humble beginnings as a small section of the Parish Hall, its connection to the Church is strong and everlasting.